The Black Sails are an RP Free Company based on the server Gilgamesh. Many of us are close friends or family out of game, and we strive to maintain that relationship within the game as well. All who join are encouraged to form lasting friendships here.
The base premise of the Free Company is a band of adventurers who seek to buy a ship to become privateers. Your character need not have previous sailing experience to join; in fact many of our current membership do not. All you need (ICly) is a want to sail and something you can already bring to the crew, or something you would be willing to learn for the crew (psst, we need gunners and navigators). OOCly, we are more than happy to work with you on your character. If you need help with backstory, or working out a reason your character might join, feel free to contact any of us and we'll be pleased to assist.
It is important to note that our Free Company chat is OOC, whereas our Linkshell is IC. While we would prefer to keep the Linkshell to mostly just Free Company members, joining on an Alliance basis is not out of the question. Please contact Lalah Molkot or Alanth No'telyle if you would like to set something like this up.
Our Code of Conduct is simple: Don't Be A Dick. However, there are some rules to keep in mind:
- Adhere to the ToU of the game at all times. There is zero tolerance for any sort of cheating or hacking.
- Please respect your officers. They are there for a reason.
- There is zero tolerance for OOC drama. If IC drama seems to be bleeding into OOC, please keep your FCmates' feelings in mind and tone it down.
- Control your temper. If you cannot handle a conflict with maturity, please step away until you are in the right mind to be able to do so.
- Treat your FCmates with respect and dignity. Please help where you can, and don't be afraid to ask for help yourself.
- We don't care what happens behind closed doors, as long as it stays behind closed doors. Please be considerate and keep anything rated R and above to private channels and tells.
- We do not police swearing. If curse words offend you, please consider using the profanity filter available in game
- The word is "Oklahoma".
- There is zero tolerance for hate speech, griefing, trolling, and spamming.
We encourage our members to be active. If you will be gone from the game for any length of time, please notify us. We may consider inactivity purges of those who have been inactive for a month or longer. We also encourage our members to participate with each other. If anyone has ideas for events, please don't hesitate to contact Lalah Molkot, and it will be put on the calendar. And don't forget to check the calendar often, as we will be adding both FC events and community events on there.